Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 5: Chicken Phillo

Today I'm breakin out a recipe I stole from one of the many restaurants I have worked at in my cooking days. I never leave a restaurant without fully copying down all of the recipes they have. I guess I should feel bad about this, but I totally don't.
Chicken phillo goes for $27 at this unnamed Humboldt County cafe, and I will hook it up at a fraction of this cost (about $4). Within the phillo crust, I will be wrapping a chicken breast, pesto cream cheese, and marinated artichoke hearts. I really like this recipe, because it can be assembled ahead of time, and baked to order/eat. Here are the ingredients:

1. chicken breast (4)
2. phillo pastry sheets (12)
3. cream cheese (8 oz.)
4. pesto (4 oz.)
5. marinated artichoke hearts (6 oz.)
6. melted butter


ingredients


thaw the chicken in cold water


mix the pesto into the cream cheese


mmmmmm....pesto


pound the chicken


fry the chicken in a little olive oil


brush each (3) sheets with melted butter





add the chicken and pesto cream cheese....


then add the artichoke hearts


and wrap it up





then butter the wrapped deal


and on to the next one....


bake for about 15 min......or until crust is browned....and BOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment