Today I’m frying up some leftover macaroni & cheese. I’ve always wanted to try this, so here goes…. I only had one minor fire, and seven magic macaroni and cheese nuggets….so I would say I won the battle! The beer batter was super easy to mix up, and inexpensive as well. Once I got a consistent temperature with the oil, I was a frying fool! I even cut up some sweet onion slices and made onion rings.
1. pale ale (6 oz.)
2. finely grated parmesan (1/4 cup)
3. flour (1 cup)
4. eggs (2)
5. olive oil (1 tbs.)
6. sea salt (1/2 tsp.)
7. baking powder (1/2 tsp.)
8. leftover mac & cheese (from day 17)
1. whisk together 1/2 pale ale, parmesan, flour, eggs, olive oil, baking powder and salt.
2. dip cold balls of leftover macaroni into flour to coat.
3. dip into beer batter.
4. deep fry in 450 degree oil.
5. try not to burn the place down.