Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 19: Philly Cheese w/ Jalapeno

Today I'm burning through some leftovers in the fridge. Tri-tip just seems to get better after sitting in the fridge for a few days. I usually don't like leftovers, but I will cook a tri-tip just to have the leftover sandwich meat. I'm using whatever cheese I have in my fridge, which happens to be parmesan, a little gruyere, and a little cream cheese. Steak and cheese go together so well by themselves....then try adding caramelized sweet onions and peppers....adding jalapeno for a kicker....and throwing all that into a nice toasted roll....this is how to do leftovers! It's really kind of impossible to mess up this classic sandwich. As long as you have some good bread, meat and cheese, and top it with carmelized onions...you've got it covered. Cheese can be a fairly sensitive subject when it comes to Philly Cheese....I'm not too picky...as long as there's a lot and it's melted, I'm happy. The one thing I do believe will set your Philly Cheese apart from any other is a killer hot sauce. Tabasco just won't cut it...Frank's is a good choice.


Ingredients:
1. leftover tri-tip
2. parmesan
3. gruyere
4. cream cheese
4. sweet onion
5. yellow pepper
6. mushrooms
7. jalapeno
8. olive oil (1 tbs.)
9. butter (1 tbs.)
10. ciabatta roll



Directions:

1. Chop up the tri-tip into bite size pieces.
2. grate the parmesan and gruyere.
3. mix these together with the cream cheese, and warm in the oven at 350.
4. fry onions and peppers in 1 tbs. olive oil till brown (10 min.)
5. add mushrooms, jalapeno, and garlic.
6. fry another 2-3 minutes.
7. toast bread
8. assemble
9. enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment